Chocolatey Easter treats
It’s Easter and we’ve all got far too much chocolate again which begs the question… what to do with it all?
Well luckily we have you covered with these amazing Easter themed puds! These scrumptious Easter treats are perfect for using up all that chocolate whilst getting the kids involved!
Rabbit Cup Cakes
(Or to us grown-ups, carrot cake with an added chocolate glaze that is sure to get the little ones interested.)
By trading butter for vegetable oil, you end up with a really moist and scrummy cake.
These cakes are super easy to make so the kids can get involved.
- Peel and grate 3 medium carrots or, if you’re feeling lazy, throw them in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Sieve together 300g plain flour, 400g caster sugar and a tablespoon of baking powder. Add 4 beaten eggs to the mix with 250ml vegetable oil and the carrot. Stir until combined.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and bake at 180º C for 30 minutes.
- For the chocolate glaze, heat a tablespoon of butter, 250ml milk, 2 tablespoons of honey and 100g chocolate in a saucepan until melted. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Wait for the cakes to cool and top them with the chocolate mixture. We added little icing carrots we found in the supermarket.
Eggstra Realistic Easter Nests
A twist on the classic rice krispies cake, these Easter nests use shredded wheat to make them look more like a little bird’s nest!
They only take about 5 minutes to make and everyone is bound to love them.
- Crumble 8 large shredded wheats (approx. 180g) into a bowl.
- Melt 250g chocolate and 50g butter in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Once melted and smooth, take off the heat and add 3 tbsp golden syrup (this helps them stick together).
- Add the shredded wheat and stir. Spoon into cupcake cases, top with mini eggs and leave to cool.
Easy as pie. Well, easier than making a pie, actually…
If you’re in the mood for cooking and baking this Easter weekend, check out our eggciting Easter breakfast ideas. Don’t forget to share photos of your concoctions with us on social media!