Are you the person you want to be? Have you achieved everything you set out to do?
If you answered yes to these questions, then congratulations!
If not… well now’s the time to do something about it.
Now we’re not talking about a complete lifestyle makeover, because very few of us have the time to commit to that! We’re talking about one (or two) small changes to make you feel more fulfilled – after all September is self-improvement month, so it seems as good a time as any!
We’ve chosen a few simple things you can do to enrich your life:
- Keep an eye out for ways you can help make someone’s day – this could be as simple as taking a photo of a couple desperately failing to take a decent selfie, making tea for a colleague, or a bigger gesture like sending a friend some flowers for no reason.
Take inspiration from this video:
- Make some time for yourself and have a breather – we’re all so busy these days that sometimes we forget to recharge our batteries and relax. Go for a walk around the block, eat lunch outside instead of at your desk or have a bath.
- In a world of digital, we find it hard to switch off but give your brain a break – cut down on the amount of television you watch, or the amount of time you surf the internet and try some offline activities like reading a book, baking a cake or even playing a board game.
- Write to-do lists – these not only help you to remember all the little tasks you’re supposed to do each day, but every time you cross something off your list, you’ll feel a sense of achievement!
- Learn a new skill or take up a new hobby – try something new that’s out of your comfort zone. What about salsa dancing, pottery or Spanish? Something different that stretches you in a different way. Or share your love of reading by forming a local book club.